Upcycle Your Hint Bottle: Bird Feeder DIY
upcycle your hint bottle to be a bird feeder with this easy and quick DIY! recent studies show that only about 5% of plastic bottles are recycled once they are used, but this DIY makes it easy and fun to recycle your bottle.
two wooden spoons
washi tape or other decorations
one popsicle stick
1. Remove the label from the hint bottle
2. With a permanent marker, indicate the areas you will cut for the wooden spoons and a popsicle stick. Mark the bottle as shown in the picture below. Draw two holes on the neck of the bottle, one on either side. Then, draw two squares where you want the curved part of the spoon to go through. Next, make two X’s on the other side of the bottle for the handle part of the spoon.
3. Using a box cutter, cut the lines you drew
4. Using washi tape or other decorations of your choosing, decorate the bottle
5. Put the wooden spoons through the holes you cut in step two
6. Fill the bottle with bird food
7. Put the popsicle stick through the neck of the bottle and tie the string to either side of the popsicle stick
8. Hang the feeder and enjoy!